Monday 7 May 2012

So, how much was it?

I wanted to buy a camcorder. After two weeks of browsing the interweb, reading reviews and all that geeky non-sense that G.A.S. affected people do, I knew exactly what I wanted.

I also knew that I wanted to buy it in person and try it, because they are so tiny nowadays! And if you have big hands, you might need a toothpick to operate some cameras...



Then the trouble started. Some general knowledge:  Gigantti  is more expensive than Verkkokauppa; Musta Pörssi you never know; Stockmann is the most expensive and Konebox.fi relies on a dancing yellow robot. And as far as this experience goes, Vertaa.fi can't be trusted either.

Then let's see what happens when I check the camera I want in those websites:

  • Vertaa.fi: hinnat alkaen (prices start) at 638,30
  • Gigantti: they don't have it in their website
  • Verkkokauppa: 506,90
  • Musta Pörssi: they don't have it in their website
  • Stockmann: 429,00
  • Konebox: 499,00 €, but the picture is from a different product...

So I went to Tapiola Stockmann and asked for the camera, the price in the store was 399,00 €. Fantastic! Except that they were sold out, also in Stockmann Helsinki (figuring this out took half an hour and a great deal of patience). I didn't trust the information about Helsinki Stockmann because the guy was using the bar code from a different camera model to find out about stock (which took 20 minutes of very slow typing).

So I went to Helsinki Stockmann wishing for the best. In Kamppi though, I made a pit stop in Musta Pörssi, just in case... and there they had the camera! With a special Vappu offer for 399,00 €! That expired the day before...

I anyway looked closely at the offer price and it said: "now 399,00 €, before 599,00 €, so you save 33%!!". I asked for it, and since the price was still in display the sales man, very politely, offered me the "offer" price. They had only one left, in a special package which contained an SD card and a camera bag, for the same Vappu hinta! Fantastic!

Then he did put the real price in display, which was 499,00 €. Bazinga.


I'm still confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment